Saturday, October 4, 2008

Uncertain Economy and Domains are the answer?

This has been a sudden twist in the domain blogs I have visited this week. I read quite a few posts. They all focused around the massive bailout. The stall in the house and finally the senate approval. Throughout this mini economic upheaval I have seen an improvement in my own outlook on the economy and domaining.

Domaining overall is weathering the storm nicely. I can see domains that go for $50 or $50,000 still selling on major auction sites. I cannot ignore the fact that there will be some heightened scrutiny on investors who are looking to domains in the current climate. Just remember for the average domainer. Keep your value margins for your domain. Explain that to the potential buyer. Try to add some incentive. Things maybe a little rough in the outside world as the economy shifts. But most of us have seen times like these in the past. Domains will continue to be more stable as we ride this out. The return will still be in the value of the domain. How the type in traffic works and other elements that make brandable domains a mover on the internet.